Facts about Genghis Khan
Quick Facts about Genghis Khan
* Genghis Khan's empire was the largest ever established, extending from the Caspian Sea to the Sea of Japan, with over 700 tribes and cities under his rule.
* In just 25 years, the Mongols conquered more lands and people than the Romans had in over 400 years.
* In addition to being a brilliant military strategist, Genghis Khan has been credited with such social advances as the introduction of paper money, the postal system, and religious tolerance.
* Genghis Khan was a notorious destructor of aristocracies and the elite, but respected and admired teachers, doctors, craftsmen and engineers, whom he never taxed.
* Careful not to give his children too much power, Genghis Khan sought to break away from the traditional kin-based ties of the steppe.
* After defeating a country, Genghis Khan ensured the availability of food and security for its people and established viable governments, often with local officials left in charge. He also allowed prevailing religious observances to continue without persecution.
* Genghis Khan is famed for organizing his military on a system of ten - ten men to a squad, ten squads to a company, ten companies to a regiment up to "tumens" of ten thousand men.
* According to a study published by The American Journal of Human Genetics, Genghis Khan may be the most prolific man in history. The ruler's progeny multiplied explosively, and his apparent Y-chromosome lineage features prominently in the population genetics of modern Asia.
Shop books and DVDs about Genghis Khan and mongol Empire
You are supporting this website with your online shopping at Amazon, the most trusted website on the internet.
Thank you in advance!
Hi, I am Tsogt Khorloo and I am Mongolian eagle hunter,
just kidding! Please, connect with me on FB and leave your comments, questions etc.