Mongolia Industry in figures

by Ya.Indra

Mongolia Industry in figures


Ulaanbaatar, /MONTSAME/ In the first 10 months of 2007, the total industrial output was 738.2 bln.togrogs at the constant prices of 2000, that increased by 13.1 percent or 85.4 bln.togrogs with the same period of the previous year.

The mining and quarrying sector growth was 2.8 percent, which are mainly ensured by growth of extraction of crude oil and natural gas sector (1.7 point) and mining of coal and lignite, extraction of peat, and other mining and quarrying sectors (1.1 point) respectively.

The manufacturing sector's growth was 31.8 percent, which are mainly attained by the growth of the production of basic metals sector (18.5 point), by the output of food products and beverages sector (9.2 point) and by other manufacturing sectors (4.1 point) respectively.

The electricity, thermal energy and water supply growth was 2.8 percent, which are mainly ensured by the growth of electricity, thermal energy, steam sector (2.3 point), by accumulation, purification and distribution of water sector (0.5 point) respectively.

Against 2007, industrial output increased by 0.3 percent -4.7 fold for other mining and quarrying, electricity, thermal energy, steam, publishing, printing and reproduction of recorded media, collection, purification and distribution of water, manufacture of textiles, mining of coal and lignite, extraction of peat, manufacture of food products and beverages, manufacture of electrical machinery and apparatus, production of other non-metallic mineral products, manufacture of fabricated metal products, expect machinery and equipment, manufacture of rubber and plastic products, manufacture of basic metals, tanning, dressing of leather, manufacture of luggage, handbags, saddler harness and footwear, extraction of crude petroleum and natural gas, manufacture of tobacco products etc. divisions and declined by 0.6-37.0 percent for mining of metal ores manufacture of wood and wooden products, manufacture of coke, refined petroleum products and nuclear fuel, manufacture of wearing apparel, dressing and dyeing of fur, manufacture of furniture, manufacturing n.e.c, manufacture of office, accounting and computing machinery, manufacture of paper and paper products, manufacture of medical precision and optical instruments, watches and clocks, manufacture of chemicals and chemical products etc. divisions.

Compared with the same period of the previous year, the production of 53.8% of main industrial products increased, while the remaining 46.2% decreased. Production of main items of industrial products, electricity, coal, crude oil, copper with concentrate, molybdenum with concentrate, zinc concentrate, copper 99%, tungsten concentrate, meat, bakery products, bread, flour, spirit, beer, soft drinks, carpet, combed down, metal steel, metal foundries, articles of iron concrete, concrete mortar, cement, brick made from clay etc. increased by volume; thermal energy, gold, iron ore, flour spar concentrate, biscuit, sweets etc. decreased by volume. In the first 10 months of 2008, production of industry (at current prices) on 2560.7 bln.togrogs sold at domestic and foreign market.

Mongolia Industry in figures

Click here to post comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Invitation news.

Hi, I am T. K. and I am the head eagle hunter of my tribe, just kidding! Connect with me on FB and leave  your comments, questions etc.