Mongolian chicken recipes
Mongolian chicken recipes - chicken kiev
1. 2 lbs boneless skinless Chicken breasts (6 Chicken halves)
2. 1 cup butter, at room temperature
3. 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
4. 1 teaspoon granulated garlic powder
5. 2 large eggs
6. 3 tablespoons cold water
7. 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
8. 1/4 teaspoon granulated garlic powder
9. 3/4 teaspoon dried dill weed
10. 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
11. 3/4 cup fine dry breadcrumbs or saltine crumbs
12. 1/2 medium lemon, sliced
13. 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh parsley
14. 2 cups vegetable oil or extra virgin olive oil
Directions for Mongolian chicken recipes
1. Remove all fat from Chicken and discard.
2. If Chicken breasts are in one piece, split them into two pieces.
3. Place each Chicken breast between two pieces of wax paper and using a mallet, pound Chicken until about 1/8 inch thickness.
4. DO NOT POUND TOO HARD THAT THE Chicken BREAKS UP.
5. Place on a dish, cover and set prepared Chicken breasts aside.
6. In a small mixing bowl, mix together butter, black pepper, granulated garlic powder and mix to combine well.
7. Form butter into a 2" x 3" rectangular shape on a 6 inch square piece of aluminum foil; thickness should be about 1/4".
8. Place in freezer compartment of refrigerator
for about 1/2 hour until butter mixture hardens.
9. Cut butter into 6 equal pieces (1/2" x 3").
10. Place one piece of butter at the front of each prepared Chicken breast.
11. Fold in edges just to catch the edges of the butter on each side, then roll the chicken breast to encase the butter completely.
12. This is necessary so that the butter does not run out while deep-frying.
13. Secure Chicken rolls with skewers or toothpicks.
14. In a bowl, beat eggs with water.
15. In a separate mixing bowl, mix together black pepper, garlic powder, dill weed and flour.
16. In another separate bowl, measure the bread crumbs.
17. Completely coat each rolled Chicken into the flour mixture.
18. Dip flour coated Chicken into the egg mixture.
19. Now roll and coat the Chicken in the bread crumbs.
20. Place Chicken in a shallow dish and chill for about 30 minutes.
21. In a medium size frying pan, add vegetable oil and heat to medium-high heat.
22. Carefully place the Chicken rolls into the oil and cook for 5 minutes on each side or until Chicken is done and golden brown.
23. To test cut into 1 rolled Chicken to make sure no pink is showing.
24. Serve immediately, garnished with lemon twists and parsley.