Mongolian lamb pillow
Recipe for Mongolian lamb pillow
* 1 x Boneless Lamb shoulder, 2-2.5 pounds, trimmed
* 4 tbl cornstarch, divided use
* 2 x Cloves (large) garlic, minced
* 2 tbl vegetable oil
* 1 can (14.5-oz) chicken broth
* 1/4 cup Naturally brewed soy sauce
* 1/4 cup Dry sherry
* 1 tbl brown sugar
* 1 tbl Slivered fresh ginger root
* 1 sm , whole, dried red chile
* 3 med carrots, roll-cut into 1-inch pieces (see note)
* 1 bn green onions and tops, cut into 1-1/2 inch pieces separating white from tops
* 1/3 cup Hot water
* Hot cooked rice
Directions for Mongolian lamb pillow
1. Cut Lamb into 1-1/2 inch cubes; coat with 2 tablespoons of the cornstarch.
2. Brown Lamb and garlic in hot oil in large skillet over medium heat. Pour chicken broth over Lamb. Stir in soy sauce, sherry, brown sugar, ginger and chile. Cover; bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 1 hour and 20 minutes; stir occasionally.
3. Add carrots and white parts of green onions. Cover and simmer 40 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, blend remaining cornstarch with 1/3 cup water; stir into pan with green onion tops. Cook and stir until mixture boils and thickens, about 1 minute. Serve over rice.
5. Makes 10 servings.